Read some fun human body facts for kids and find out more about bones, skeletons, eyes, blood, muscles, the brain, heart and much more.
Children will love the cool information featuring weird did you know facts, crazy trivia, funny truths and other interesting information that will help them learn about the amazing human body.
The brain uses over a quarter of the oxygen used by the human body. More human brain facts.
- Your heart beats around 100000 times a day, 36500000 times a year and over a billion times if you live beyond 30. More human heart facts.
- Red blood cells carry oxygen around the body. They are created inside the bone marrow of your bones. More blood facts.
- The colour of a humans skin is determined by the level of pigment melanin that the body produces. Those with small amounts of melanin have light skin while those with large amounts have dark skin. More skin facts.
- Adult lungs have a surface area of around 70 square metres! More lung facts.
- Humans have a stage of sleep that features rapid eye movement (REM). REM sleep makes up around 25% of total sleep time and is often when you have your most vivid dreams. More eye facts.
- Most adults have 32 teeth. More teeth facts.
- The smallest bone found in the human body is located in the middle ear. The staples (or stirrup) bone is only 2.8 millimetres long. More ear facts.
- Your nose and ears continue growing throughout your entire life. More nose facts.
- Infants blink only once or twice a minute while adults average around 10.
- As well as having unique fingerprints, humans also have unique tongue prints.
- The left side of your body is controlled by the right side of your brain while the right side of your body is controlled by the left side of your brain.
- Antibiotics are only effective against bacteria, they won't help in fighting off a virus.
- It takes the body around 12 hours to completely digest eaten food.
- Your sense of smell is around 10000 times more sensitive than your sense of taste.